Monday, August 11, 2008

Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling..Down, down, down"

It's August. I know that weather in Maine is unpredictable but come the fuck on!
OH GUESS WHAT!
It's raining again, as Gomer Pyle would say.."Surprise..Surprise..Surprise" The deary landscape and intermittent respites of solar delusion are beginning to wear thin, I tried to seize the fleeting good weather this weekend only to be rewarded with the knowledge that Issac Hayes died.
It's not as though the man was my uncle, and to be clear not every "colored" person is related to each other...I think, but on the heels of learning that a decent funny man died of pneumonia it stung. I use to imagine that the theme to "Shaft" was my own personal soundtrack growing up....that and the Wonder Woman theme. On a surreal note, Elizabeth's mom must be devastated, she was in love with Bernie Mac....odd considering she's a older white lady in a wheelchair. My friend Brooke and I use to reenact this scene from "Ocean's 11", the one between Matt Damon and Bernie Mac, Mac lungs at Damon and calls him a "cracker" to which Damon replies "Oh dear God.."
It's funnier in person I suppose or if you're wandering drunkenly through the Old Port. But I guess in the final analysis if your numbers up your numbers up...that sounds glib, but life stopped making sense to me a long time ago and glibness cushions the blows.

No comments: